Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Doctor Doctor



The Pusherman women Doctor told my mom -who does not have high cholesterol- that she had to have statin or she would drop dead of a heart attact, The doctor probably likely got her information from the American diabetes Associations.

We believe that the standards of care for individuals with diabetes should mirror the evidence. Replacing a fixed-dose statin trial scheme with a treat-to-target LDL guideline is controversial. This inherent problem of the current guidelines should be amended. Evidence based on “hard” outcome trials of statin use should guide our treatment goals and considerations, not epidemiologic or extrapolated LDL-based data.
Acknowledgments

No potential conflicts of interest relevant to this article were reported.
Footnotes

The publication of this supplement was made possible in part by unrestricted educational grants from Eli Lilly, Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Generex Biotechnology, Hoffmann-La Roche, Johnson & Johnson, LifeScan, Medtronic, MSD, Novo Nordisk, Pfizer, sanofi-aventis, and WorldWIDE. http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/32/suppl_2/S384.figures-only






I said my my my
I'm the lone crapshooter
Playing the field every night
Baby get it straight
You got to roll me
Call me the tumbling dice