Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Tiger kitty

February 14, 2011


my kitty Tiger, might be dying. He is about twelve years old and has had diabetes and now his tooth was infected and he went off food and water and I feel like I have been torturing him trying to get liquids into him and now antibiotics. Delaying treatment because of money sucks and its hard to know the appropriate treatment for an animal who is my heart, is ready to leave and I am not ready for him to go. He has had so many near deaths that I keep my hope. But my head aches from the tears not yet cried. And every thing that I want to believe seems like mush.



The Swan

Did you too see it, drifting, all night, on the black river?
Did you see it in the morning, rising into the silvery air -
An armful of white blossoms,
A perfect commotion of silk and linen as it leaned
into the bondage of its wings; a snowbank, a bank of lilies,
Biting the air with its black beak?
Did you hear it, fluting and whistling
A shrill dark music - like the rain pelting the trees - like a waterfall
Knifing down the black ledges?
And did you see it, finally, just under the clouds -
A white cross Streaming across the sky, its feet
Like black leaves, its wings Like the stretching light of the river?
And did you feel it, in your heart, how it pertained to everything?
And have you too finally figured out what beauty is for?
And have you changed your life? by Mary Oliver


Sleeping in the Forest

I thought the earth remembered me,
she took me back so tenderly,
arranging her dark skirts, her pockets
full of lichens and seeds.
I slept as never before, a stone on the river bed,
nothing between me and the white fire of the stars
but my thoughts, and they floated light as moths
among the branches of the perfect trees.
All night I heard the small kingdoms
breathing around me, the insects,
and the birds who do their work in the darkness.
All night I rose and fell, as if in water,
grappling with a luminous doom. By morning
I had vanished at least a dozen times
into something better.

from Sleeping In The Forest by Mary Oliver
© Mary Oliver