Search This Blog

Friday, October 31, 2008

halloween four years ago



foggy drizzle mutes my mood of optimistic fantasy
my daughter, Heidi, says, "Don't doubt for a minute Mom
Obama will win. "

I mumble , "If it doesn't happen again"

Four years ago today, I was in NY City. What a city!
Then on to DC to the Election Protection center.
I Rode the train from Union Station thru the night and got to DC
in the wee hours the day before the election. I was broke, probably had 15 dollars. I was tired
and my heart was defeated before the election officially was cast.
I visited Saint Matthews Church and wept.

I was assigned to cubicle to call voters in Ohio to ask them how things were going. some got mad some said they hadn't received their absentee ballots, I told them who to call, the election protection hotline. I didn't feel like I was doing much and I didn't have a place to stay, I felt like had this big ache in my heart and felt like I didn't want to cry in front of strangers, so after I ate the pizza and tacos that election protection provided us, I slipped out the door made it to the Subway and headed to the Airport. I remember only one time on the trip I felt the shadow of danger and that was when a white guy was flanking me , keeping to my paces and who seemed to have something in his jacket that I didn't want to see. So I slowed to let a group of people catch up with me and blended with them.
I made it to - Reagan International. with no money, no place to stay, no flight out and a rinky- dink surreal airport. I looked for a place to prop my feet onto my luggage and rest, after being laughed at for crying at the ticket counter, because there were no flights out until 6 am and the tears leapt from my throat after being kept down most of the day.

The weirdest thing , the thing that still haunts me was there seemed to be no security out at the wings of the jets. there were these guys out there that were doing things by the jets engines with out lights beaming. All I could see were there legs. Oh my God, I thought, The worst would be so easy.

I moved because I was on end of the airport and the polishing machine was keeping me awake. Mid airport, I set down a series of chairs, plopped down and propped my head on my luggage. I remember waking up to people who were dressed like custodians moving towards me, I could see them in the reflection of the window. When I moved they retreated. That was strange. It reminded me of a flock of wild animals realizing that a human was in their midst. Oh well, awake for the rest of the night, I made it back to Seatac feeling rescued by my mother, fed by her and put to bed. I woke up in time to see the traitor Robert Novak on CNN talking about it looked like Bush was ahead in Ohio. Then Bush's Bones Brother Kerry conceded. betrayed
we have been betrayed, and tody HAVA has made a steal of votes easier than ever. I don't trust the system, I do trust that most US Citizens don't intend to be living in a third world police state
where the dictator of the world lives in Dubai and where a third of the population has been culled
to get the remainders to behave. I do have faith that the direction has to change. I am hoping that it won't be a violent change. I think I should heed Heidi's words and not doubt, for a minute that Obama is going to win.